Problème à l'install de Half-Life² : please help !

Bonjour à tous,

Je viens d’acquérir Half-Life² mais comme beacoup, j’ai des problèmes avec.
Bon, dites-moi si je me suis planté quelque part:

J’installe Steam (connexion 56k), j’me créer un compte, je m’y connecte puis j’essaye d’installer le jeu. Bon, en passant je m’inscrit sur internet.
En pleine installation, il me dit qu’il y a un fichier qui est endommagé donc, illisible, etc. Ce fichier est “hl22.cab”. Après, l’installation s’arrête en me disant que l’installation a rencontré une erreur fatale, etc, etc…

Quelqu’un peut-il m’aider ?

Copier-coller de la FAQ de Valve:

Half-Life 2 CD Installation, cabinet file error, fatal disk error, or something similar.
Question
If during the initial installation process the option to install “Counter-Strike: Source” is NOT selected, an error may occur during installation. The message will be: cabinet file error, fatal disk error, or something similar.

Answer
If you receive one of these errors you will need to do the following:

Cancel the current installation process and reinstall the game from the beginning, starting with Disk #1. Make certain to select the option to install both Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source.

Note: If you prefer not to retain the Counter-Strike: Source program on your system AFTER INSTALLATION, you can
remove it using the following procedure:

• After Half-Life 2 has been successfully installed, open up the Steam client.
  • Select the Play Games list
  • RIGHT click on Counter-Strike: Source and select Properties
  • Select “Delete Local Content.”

Sinon d’autres aides sont dispo sur http://www.steampowered.com